I was pleasantly surprised at my first go around with this broccoli salad recipe. I love stuff I can throw together and eat on here and there throughout the week. This is also great for cookouts or any other function where there might be temptations.
- 3-4 cups of chopped broccoli florets
- Broccoli salad slaw mix- I used maybe half of the container.
- Handful of cranberries
- 6-8 slices of crispy bacon
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup of Dukes Mayo (or whatever you prefer)
- 4 -6 ounces of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 packets of Splenda Naturals
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Once you’re cooked and chopped your bacon and walnuts, combine broccoli florets with the red onion, cheddar cheese, walnuts, cranberries, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayo, Splenda Naturals, vinegar, and salt&pepper to taste.
- Last step is to add the mayo mixture to the broccoli salad until fully combined.
***I know cranberries aren’t exactly a low-carb item but I put just a small amount in there. I don’t stress about these things too much because I haven’t had a problem losing weight and honestly, life is too short to sweat the small stuff. 🙂